Holiday Tennis Camps
Our holiday tennis camps are a fun activity for kids in the school holidays and also provide childcare for working parents.
Passionate about sharing our love for tennis our goal is to teach the game in a fun environment. Aimed at children aged 4-15 years the days are designed to be fun for both beginners and more advanced players. Children are divided into groups depending on age and ability to encourage confidence.
Early booking is advised but you can also book on last minute if there are spaces available.
We never cancel and play whatever the weather so please bring either raincoats and warm clothes or sun hats and sun cream, depending on the forecast! We ask that children wear trainers please.
Availability and Booking
All tennis camps can be booked as individual days or weeks
Summer Holiday Tennis Camps
We will be running Summer Holiday Tennis Camps (for children aged 4-15) week commencing Monday 26 July, Monday 2 August, Monday 9 August, Monday 16 August and Monday 23 August.
Morning Summer Holiday Tennis Camps
- 9am – 12pm – Summer Holiday Tennis Camps – ages 4 – 7 – Book Summer Holiday Tennis Camps ages 4 – 7
- 9am – 12pm – Summer Holiday Tennis Camps – ages 6 – 8 – Book Summer Holiday Tennis Camps ages 6 – 8
- 9am – 12pm – Summer Holiday Tennis Camps – ages 9 – 12 – Book Summer Holiday Tennis Camps ages 9 – 12
Afternoon Summer Holiday Tennis Camps
- 3pm – 5pm – Summer Holiday Tennis Camps – Teens – Book Summer Holiday Tennis Camps – Teens
Accessible Summer Holiday Tennis Camps
- Monday 26 July to Thursday 29 July – 3pm – 4pm – Summer Holiday Accessible Tennis Camps – ages 6 – 12 – Book Summer Holiday Accessible Tennis Camps ages 6 – 12
- Monday 9 August to Thursday 12 August – 3pm – 4pm – Summer Holiday Accessible Tennis Camps – ages 6 – 12 – Book Summer Holiday Accessible Tennis Camps ages 6 – 12
Team Training Summer Holiday Camps
These training sessions are for existing teams – if you are interested in joining in please email Elly
- Green Ball Mondays – U10s – 12.30pm – 3pm – Book Green Ball Mondays
- Orange Ball Tuesdays – U9s – 12.30pm – 3pm – Book Orange Ball Tuesdays
- U14s Wednesdays – 12.30pm – 3pm – Book U14s Wednesdays
- Red Ball Thursdays – U8s – 12.30pm – 3pm – Book Red Ball Thursdays
- U18s Thursday – 12.30pm – 3pm – Book U18s Thursdays
- Team Challenge Fridays – 9 – 12 year olds – we will be having Team Challenge Fridays where your child can come along and will be put in a team with mixed ages. They will play against their age group but gain points for their team! A great way to get more match practice in and develop friendships and team spirit! Book Team Challenge Fridays
Junior Coaching FAQs
It will depend on your child’s age and skill, we will inform you when your child is ready to move to the next group.
At Elly Shearman Tennis Coaching we encourage progression within our sport, we will of course let you know when your child is ready to move up a group. If you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
As a general rule for U10s, if they put the end of the handle in their armpit with the racket running along their arm, they should just be able to touch the end of the racket. By the time children are 11+ they will probably be using a full size 27” racket.
If you are unsure please ask your coach when you next see them and they will be able to advise.
Yes, we are able to support people completing their Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE), please get in touch with Elly directly.
We are an inclusive club and we want to encourage as many people to play tennis as possible. We have a number of squads for teens but we also offer drop in sessions for teens who just want to play for fun and not commit to a weekly more competitive session. All details can be found here - Pay-as-you go Tennis Sessions
Elly Shearman Tennis Coaching only coaches at Kings Lawn Tennis Club. Our head coach, Elly Shearman is part of the Avon Tennis Coaching team and will coach at different clubs as part of this role.
Yes, we would love to do more curriculum tennis, if your school is interested please feel free to give them our details. However, many schools have multi-sport programs working out of their school or running in their PE lessons and this can sometimes hinder whether they want tennis experts coming in as well.
If these FAQs don’t provide you with the answer you are looking for please contact us.
Lost property is placed in the foyer in the Kings Tennis Club Clubhouse. Items will be taken to a charity shop on the last Friday of the month so please try to pick up any lost property quickly!