Holiday Tennis Camps
Our holiday tennis camps are more than just childcare.
Passionate about sharing our love for tennis our goal is to teach the game in a fun environment. Aimed at children aged 4-15 years the days are designed to be fun for both beginners and more advanced players. Children are divided into groups depending on age and ability to encourage confidence.
Early booking is advised but you can also book on last minute if there are spaces available.
We never cancel and play whatever the weather so please bring either raincoats and warm clothes or sun hats and sun cream, depending on the forecast! We ask that children wear trainers please.
Availability and Booking
We will be running Easter Holiday Tennis Camps for children aged 5-15 and a selection of Adult Tennis sessions during the Easter Holidays.
Morning Holiday Camps – Monday 5 April to Friday 9 April and Monday 12 April to Friday 16 April
- 9am – 12pm – Morning Holiday Camps – ages 5-8 year olds – Book Morning Holiday Tennis (5-8 year olds)
- 9am – 12pm – Morning Holiday Camps – ages 9-12 year olds – Book Morning Holiday Tennis (9-12 year olds)
Afternoon Holiday Camps – Monday 5 April to Thursday 8 April and Monday 12 April to Thursday 15 April
- 12.30pm – 2.30pm – ADVANCED team player training – ages 8-10 year olds – Book Advanced team player training (8-10 year olds)
- 12.30pm – 2.30pm – ADVANCED team player training – ages 11-15 year olds – Book Advanced team player training (11-15 year olds)
- 2.30pm – 4.30pm – Afternoon Teens Afternoon Holiday Tennis – (ages 12+) – Book Teen Afternoon Holiday Tennis (ages 12+)
Accessible Holiday Tennis Camps – Monday 5 April to Thursday 8 April – ages 6-12 year olds
- 4.30pm – 5.30pm – Accessible Holiday Tennis Camps ages – 6-12 year olds – Book Accessible Holiday Tennis Camps (Children with SEND)
Ad Hoc Toddler Tennis – Friday 2 April at 9.30am – 10.30am
- Monday Night Rusty Rackets at 7.30pm – 9pm – Book Monday Night Rusty Rackets
- Thursday Night Rusty Rackets at 7.30pm – 9pm – Book Thursday Night Rusty Rackets
- Tuesday Night Tennis Xpress – Beginners Course (3 weeks) at 7.30pm – 9.30pm – Book Tuesday Night Tennis Xpress
- Friday Morning Cardio Tennis at 9.30am – 10.30am – Book Friday Morning Cardio Tennis
Thursday Morning Doubles
- Ad Hoc Thursday Morning Doubles – Thursday 1 April at 9.30am – 11.30am – Book Ad Hoc Thursday Morning Doubles
Junior Coaching FAQs
It will depend on your child’s age and skill, we will inform you when your child is ready to move to the next group.
At Elly Shearman Tennis Coaching we encourage progression within our sport, we will of course let you know when your child is ready to move up a group. If you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
As a general rule for U10s, if they put the end of the handle in their armpit with the racket running along their arm, they should just be able to touch the end of the racket. By the time children are 11+ they will probably be using a full size 27” racket.
If you are unsure please ask your coach when you next see them and they will be able to advise.
Yes, we are able to support people completing their Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE), please get in touch with Elly directly.
We are an inclusive club and we want to encourage as many people to play tennis as possible. We have a number of squads for teens but we also offer drop in sessions for teens who just want to play for fun and not commit to a weekly more competitive session. All details can be found here - Pay-as-you go Tennis Sessions
Elly Shearman Tennis Coaching only coaches at Kings Lawn Tennis Club. Our head coach, Elly Shearman is part of the Avon Tennis Coaching team and will coach at different clubs as part of this role.
Yes, we would love to do more curriculum tennis, if your school is interested please feel free to give them our details. However, many schools have multi-sport programs working out of their school or running in their PE lessons and this can sometimes hinder whether they want tennis experts coming in as well.
If these FAQs don’t provide you with the answer you are looking for please contact us.