Tennis Training for Older Kids and Teens
We run lots of different types of sessions for different ages and all abilities.
From relaxed and fun drop-in sessions to regular squad training for more competitive players, we have something for everyone.
We also have separate sessions just for girls to encourage more female players.
Availability and Booking
We have released our September dates and are currently giving priority to those already in the groups and our waiting lists. We will set the booking links live on our website as soon as we can and we will of course let you know via social media and email. Please make sure you follow us (links at the bottom of the page) or are signed up to our newsletter.
If the mid week blocks below you are interested in are full, please remember we run Saturday morning Pay as You Go Tennis and these sessions are a brilliant way to get in weekly tennis with great quality coaching.
If a block states it is fully booked, it is always worth emailing email@example.com to double check as people do sometimes move groups.
- U12 Tuesday Advanced – Tues 7 Sept to Tues 7 Dec at 4 – 6pm
- U12 Wednesday Training (Intermediate) – Wed 8 Sept to Tues 8 Dec at 4 – 5.15pm
- Thursday Teens – Year 7 – 9 (10 – 14 year olds) – Thurs 9 Sept to Thurs 9 Dec at 4 – 5pm
- U12 Friday Training – Fri 10 Sept to Fri 10 Dec at 5 – 6pm
- U14 Tuesday Advanced – Tues 7 Sept to Tues 7 Dec at 6 – 7.30pm
- U14 Wednesday Squad (Intermediate) – Wed 8 Sept to Wed 8 Dec at 4.30 – 6pm
- Thursday Teens – Year 9 – 11 (14 – 16 year olds) – Thurs 9 Sept to Thurs 9 Dec at 4 – 5pm
- U14 Friday Advanced – Fri 10 Sept to Fri 10 Dec at 4 – 5.30pm
- Teen Thursday (13 – 17 year olds) – Thurs 9 Sept to Thurs 9 Dec at 5 – 6pm
- U18 Monday Advanced – Mon 6 Sept to Mon 6 Dec at 5.30 – 7.30pm
- U18 Wednesday Girls Training (Intermediate) – Wed 8 Sept to Wed 8 Dec at 5.15 – 6.45pm
- U18 Thursday Training (Intermediate) – Thurs 9 Sept to Thurs 9 Dec at 6 – 7.30pm
- U18 Friday Advanced – Fri 10 Sept to Fri 10 Dec – 5.30 – 7pm
Junior Coaching FAQs
It will depend on your child’s age and skill, we will inform you when your child is ready to move to the next group.
At Elly Shearman Tennis Coaching we encourage progression within our sport, we will of course let you know when your child is ready to move up a group. If you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
As a general rule for U10s, if they put the end of the handle in their armpit with the racket running along their arm, they should just be able to touch the end of the racket. By the time children are 11+ they will probably be using a full size 27” racket.
If you are unsure please ask your coach when you next see them and they will be able to advise.
Yes, we are able to support people completing their Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE), please get in touch with Elly directly.
We are an inclusive club and we want to encourage as many people to play tennis as possible. We have a number of squads for teens but we also offer drop in sessions for teens who just want to play for fun and not commit to a weekly more competitive session. All details can be found here - Pay-as-you go Tennis Sessions
Elly Shearman Tennis Coaching only coaches at Kings Lawn Tennis Club. Our head coach, Elly Shearman is part of the Avon Tennis Coaching team and will coach at different clubs as part of this role.
Yes, we would love to do more curriculum tennis, if your school is interested please feel free to give them our details. However, many schools have multi-sport programs working out of their school or running in their PE lessons and this can sometimes hinder whether they want tennis experts coming in as well.
If these FAQs don’t provide you with the answer you are looking for please contact us.
Lost property is placed in the foyer in the Kings Tennis Club Clubhouse. Items will be taken to a charity shop on the last Friday of the month so please try to pick up any lost property quickly!