Tennis Training for Older Kids and Teens
We run lots of different types of sessions for different ages and all abilities.
From relaxed and fun drop-in sessions to regular squad training for more competitive players, we have something for everyone.
We also have separate sessions just for girls to encourage more female players.
Availability and Booking
If a block states it is fully booked, it is always worth emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to double check as people do sometimes move groups.
If the mid week blocks below you are interested in are full, please remember we run Saturday morning Pay as You Go Tennis and these sessions are a brilliant way to get in weekly tennis with great quality coaching.
Current Yellow Ball blocks
- Under 18 Training – Advanced – Monday 1 February to Monday 29 March at 5.30pm – 7.30pm – current block is fully booked.
- Teen Drop Ins – Beginners, Intermediate – Mondays at 5pm – 6pm – please book Teen Drop Ins please click here.
- U12 Advanced – Tuesday 2 February to Tuesday 30 March at 4pm – 6pm – please book U12 Advanced here.
- U16 Advanced – Tuesday 2 February to Tuesday 30 March at 6pm – 7.30pm – please book U16 Advanced here.
- U12 Training (Intermediate) – Wednesday 3 February to Wednesday 31 March at 4pm – 5.15pm. current block is fully booked.
- U14 Squad (Intermediate) – Wednesday 3 February to Wednesday 31 March at 4.30pm – 6pm – current block is fully booked.
- U16 girls training (Intermediate) – Wednesday 3 February to Wednesday 31 March at 5.15pm – 6.45pm – please book U16 Girls Training here.
- U12 Training – Thursday 4 February to Thursday 1 April at 4pm – 5pm – current block is fully booked.
- Young Teens – Thursday 4 February to Thursday 1 April at 4pm – 5pm – current block is fully booked.
- Teens – Thursday 4 February to Thursday 1 April at 5pm – 6pm – current block is fully booked.
- U18 Training (Intermediate) – Thursday 4 February to Thursday 1 April at 6pm – 7.30pm – current block is fully booked.
- U14 Advanced – Friday 5 February to Friday 2 April at 4pm – 6pm – current block is fully booked.
- U12 Green Development – Friday 5 February to Friday 2 April at 5pm – 6pm – current block is fully booked.
Junior Coaching FAQs
It will depend on your child’s age and skill, we will inform you when your child is ready to move to the next group.
At Elly Shearman Tennis Coaching we encourage progression within our sport, we will of course let you know when your child is ready to move up a group. If you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
As a general rule for U10s, if they put the end of the handle in their armpit with the racket running along their arm, they should just be able to touch the end of the racket. By the time children are 11+ they will probably be using a full size 27” racket.
If you are unsure please ask your coach when you next see them and they will be able to advise.
Yes, we are able to support people completing their Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE), please get in touch with Elly directly.
We are an inclusive club and we want to encourage as many people to play tennis as possible. We have a number of squads for teens but we also offer drop in sessions for teens who just want to play for fun and not commit to a weekly more competitive session. All details can be found here - Pay-as-you go Tennis Sessions
Elly Shearman Tennis Coaching only coaches at Kings Lawn Tennis Club. Our head coach, Elly Shearman is part of the Avon Tennis Coaching team and will coach at different clubs as part of this role.
Yes, we would love to do more curriculum tennis, if your school is interested please feel free to give them our details. However, many schools have multi-sport programs working out of their school or running in their PE lessons and this can sometimes hinder whether they want tennis experts coming in as well.
If these FAQs don’t provide you with the answer you are looking for please contact us.