Tennis is my passion, my job, my hobby, let’s be honest it is my life!
I often find myself talking to parents encouraging them to be aware of the opportunities in tennis for their children.
I have realised however that I don’t always have time to talk to everyone and you may not be aware of what there is out there!
Always remember that tennis, as an individual sport develops self-confidence and resilience to a much higher extent than the team sports at a club level. There is no hiding in tennis and whilst playing socially you also learn to hold your own.
Here are some paths available in tennis and how these can help inspire your child(ren):
- Once children are 16 they can achieving their Level 1 & 2 coaching assistant awards
- Assist with coaching in the coaching program and have future references for jobs involving leadership and those working with children
- A social network, if they go to university they could work as an assistant tennis coach, join the local / university tennis clubs and teams to meet new people
- As they play to a higher level they will gain knowledge about the fitness and physical components that can lead to interests in; exercise science, physiotherapy, strength and conditioning to name a few
- As a leader and enjoying helping others learn they may find their interests lie in; sports management, teaching, coaching
- In a sport which involves so much mental strength they may develop an interest in; psychology, sports psychology
- If they take their tennis to regional level they can look at American Universities for tennis scholarships which will pay for their education
I am so lucky to be asked to writing references for so many of our juniors who have been part of our program and especially those that have taken the steps to gain their assistant coaching levels!
If you have any questions at all please contact us.